Thursday, April 25, 2013

New year, new everything

It has been over a year and what a year it was! 2012 kicked my buttocks and I was happy to see it go. I graduated from naturopathic medical school, studied a lot, took my medical boards, spent 2 great weeks with my family and friends, spent two fairly miserable weeks in Montana (though it is so beautiful there!, broke up with my girlfriend of 4 years, and still lived with her for almost 4 months after we broke up! Oh yeah, and two of my best friends moved out of state. Whew.

2013 started out so much better though. A freshly empty house (the ex brought a majority of the furniture into the relationship...thank the goddess I still had my bed and that I got the dresser), an AMAZING new housemate, who's praises cannot be sufficiently sung, a short new romance that really helped me over a bit more of the hurt, a newly minted medical license, some new friends, and a ton of support from my old friends. I am truly blessed.

I've been reading www.yarnagogo.com which is written by Rachael Herron. I read one of her knitting books and just loved it. Now I am vicariously living through her life from 10 years ago via her blog archives. I see some of what I am going through in her posts, though she is infinitely more cool than I am/ever was and she knits things that are so much more interesting than I do. Though, I do wonder if we always thing what we make is just ok, and even the most simple things that others make are just so amazing!! Works of art really!! Anyway, makes me want to be a knitting blogger who becomes famous and well read. Doubtful, but who knows! Maybe if I update this thing more often and change the name to something more catchy, I could. Yarn...stat! :)

I have more pictures to add and I will do that over the next few days. Maybe writing on this, relatively unseen blog will help clear out the rest of the cobwebs and get me moving on more important things like my practice webpage and activist blog. Not yarn activism, but size activism. Yarn activism though....save the sheep? Yeah, not really a thing huh?

Lots to do tomorrow though, so this cat is headed to bed. I thought I'd throw up one of the pictures I'm most proud of recently. This blanket is going to my friend's new baby (I wish I could take it personally). I knitted some of the Oregon coast into it on my birthday trip out there this year and couldn't resist making sure it got a good picture with the ocean. He'll love it.




No comments:

Post a Comment