Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Winter Holiday Projects

The Winter Holiday project progresses smoothly, if not quickly. I'm trying to go quickly, but since my knitting is just slow, quickly is relative. :)

Here are the Charybdis socks. I love how they turned out and my friend's trumpet vine was kind enough to be blooming for pictures a couple of weeks ago!





On Sunday, my friend K and I went to the Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival in Canby, OR. It was really nice, though very rainy so we only spent a couple of hours. When it is sunny, there are people outside knitting and spinning and with tents all around. Everyone was just crowded inside this time, which was frustrating.

Anyway, I got some yarn and a lovely gold/blue Pashmina scarf.

These will be socks for my friend M. I think it will do her good to have something handmade with love to wear on her feet. :)


These are for the friend I went to the festival with, K. She pointed out the yarn that she thought was cool as well as the colors she liked. It was perfect because I hadn't gotten yarn for her present yet. I had to get Lycra too. I may have to do these socks one at a time. That will be frustrating, but I think in the end they will be really lovely. :)


I already posted an in complete picture of the butterfly socks, but I thought I'd post the better picture I took recently. They are so lovely!!


My other obsession continues. I drew this Celtic knot that is supposed to combine Earth (green), Air (light blue), Fire (red), Water (dark blue). It turned out fairly well I think. I wish I could get more uniform color for the background.


Another Celtic knot. It is huge and I adore the pattern. I am going to try some different colors. There are twelve different strands. I used five colors for this one. These knots are completely engrossing. I love them.


I'm about a quarter of the way through the Scylla socks. I am liking how they are turning out so far. I'll use the leftover yarn from those, as well as another yarn to make socks for her daughter. I haven't figured out quite how they will look yet, but I am sure they will be amazing. :) I have patterns and/or yarn lined up for 5 more pair. :)

That's about it on this front. Business is chugging along and I am really looking forward to a quiet, energy building winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment