Saturday, November 9, 2013

Giftmaking continues

It has been like Sockapalooza around here! I got the Tercel socks done. They were a pain as predicted, but turned out well. They are very tight going around my heel, but were fine going around my housemate's heel and K is between us in foot size, so I think they will be fine.

Here is the first sock enjoying some sun at the coast.

Sock done!

Scylla socks, they are for the female partner of the male recipient of the Charybdis (thank goodness spell check has that word....I misspell it every time) socks. I love how they turned out!


Here are the socks for the daughter of the person above. Using the same yarn (just like I did for the socks of their son) and another color. I really love how these turned out!


I haven't taken a picture of the finished product yet, but these socks are done in Blue Moon Fiber Arts, Socks That Rocks, color way Muddy Autumn Rainbow. I am having a hard time not keeping the socks for myself since the friend they are made for happens to have the same sized sock I do.... You can see the rainbow of the yarn here.

I managed to get the Muddy Autumn Rainbow IN a rainbow one afternoon! Pictures of the full socks later.


 These are the beginning of my next pair. My housemate's cat, Sam, posed with them for me. She even let me put her nose under the crossed needles, but I couldn't get a picture of it. She is a very chill cat. :)


I have completed 8 pair of socks for the project since late August. That is about a pair every 2 weeks. I have cut back on doing some of the ones I planned and switched one gift from a pair of socks to a Moebius scarf. So, one scarf, and 4-5 pair of socks to go...there may be some further changes. We'll see.

It has been nice to have specific goals. I still have to get yarn for 3 gifts though, and I'm not sure how I will manage that on my budget. I'll figure it out though!

Now, back to some work for the business. Hope anyone who reads this is having a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment