Thursday, April 9, 2015

Good friends are amazing, good knitting friends…priceless

So, my friend M and I did the square a month afghan class together. During one of our last classes there, our teacher pulled out a book. An amazing, wonderful book, Annetarsia by Anne Berk. She figured out how to do intarsia in the round. Now, I am a huge fan of knitting in the round. Intarsia fascinates me, but I have not knit many things. I saw her designs though, and I just wanted to Have That Book.

It is fairly costly for me at this time, though worth it, it is almost a work of art in itself, so I put it in my "future things to have" list and went on my way.

M and I had dinner yesterday (it is more challenging to meet up now that we don't have the class once per month) and she BOUGHT ME THE BOOK!! It was for my birthday, though she was definitely off the birthday present hook because she is one of the people in on the sock club. I was bowled over and so very excited.


Of course, I now want to make almost everything in this book, but I will be refraining from doing so for now…only because I do not have the yarn or budget for the yarn. I am happy to report that some of the yarn needs are not too bad at all though, so possibly, I will be making one anyway. M will definitely get one of the shawls at some point. :)

So exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment