Monday, April 6, 2015

Socks!

The Bridge Sock set is almost done. My pair are not started, but after knitting 3 pair, I can wait a few weeks to start mine. :)

A's pair is made with Blue Moon Fiber Arts Sock Candy in Ute Singer, a small batch made for Twisted in Portland. I snagged some and have made three projects with it. I LOVE Sock Candy and I hope they actually start making multicolor color ways again. I ended up doing a short row heel instead of a flap because I was not sure I would have enough yarn to do the flap. They still turned out so well.

A's Bridge Socks
M's pair is also made with Blue Moon Fiber Arts in a color way from the 2015 Rockin' Sock Club. The color way is Feeling Groovy.
M's Bridge Socks
E's socks are the only ones not made with Blue Moon yarn! They are made with Crystal Palace Bamboo yarn in Fall Herbs. Soft and lovely. I like how the colors pooled too.

E's Bridge Socks

Here is my new yarn from the Rockin' Sock Club too! I am not sure if I like the colors for myself, but one of the designs is a long cowl that looks really interesting. I think I will make it and then see if anyone of our little group just must have it. I can see A wearing it honestly. We'll see. I might love it when I knit it up and keep it for myself. :)


This is the Panoramic Stole in Madelinetosh Pashmina - Saffron. It is soft and flowing and I cannot wait to wear it! Collette is a model again. Oh the things my poor cat puts up with from me!


A. gave me an amigurumi kit for a crab for my birthday. I am going to make it and leave it somewhere on the coast. :) She and I would like to make several and yarn bomb our favorite places. If you end up on the Oregon coast and see a wee crocheted crab, it might just be one of ours!

I am also going to be trying my hand at crocodile stitch baby booties. If they look alright, I am going to potentially replace the knitted baby socks in my Baby Hot Feet warming sock kit, with those. They will look more interesting and maybe be more marketable.

That is it for now. I have four other projects in my queue. I am excited to work on them, though my hands have been giving me some issues, so things might be slow.



No comments:

Post a Comment