Sunday, April 17, 2011

Socks

I have posted a couple of pictures of socks already, so I won't repeat those here. I realized that I've knitted 28 pair of socks since December 2008, when I knit my first pair. That's a lot of socks!! I really enjoy making them. They are small, simple to make, easy to be creative with and can really express your personality without going overboard.

Here we go.

First pair of socks ever made. I knit them for my best friend, but now my partner has them as my best friend has wool issues.

These were my second pair, for another friend who's cat kindly posed with them.

This yarn is from Knit Picks, it is called Essential Kettle Dyed and is discontinued. I only got to knit three pair out of it, and I'm so sad it is gone!!

These are the replacement socks for my best friend. From Blue Moon Fiber Arts, it is their Hand Painted Candy Sock yarn in Autumn.

I neglected to get a picture of the finished product, but these socks are made of Bamboo & Ewe from JoAnn's Fabrics in Charcoal. It is sock weight. They went to my dad and turned out so nicely!!

These were for my Mom, the second of the Essential Kettle Dyed yarn. You can see the subtle changes in color a bit better here, but in reality they are so beautiful.

This yarn is Gems Yarn from Twisted in Portland, OR. It is a much deeper red than this picture shows. The pattern is Knitty Twist Socks by Ceylan Gul. Lovely, simple pattern. I just found her website....yippee!

Now comes all of my flip-flop socks. Alisha really loves these. I have two pair and I mix up whether I knit a regular toe or a flip-flop toe.

This pair is made of Blue Moon's Gingerbread Dude, medium weight. I made another pair that look very similar, with a short row heel and a slightly different knit pattern. I don't have a good picture of them.

The last of the Essential Kettle Dyed yarn. These are flip-flop socks, though it is harder to tell on this picture.
Our rainbow flip flop socks. Made of Crystal Palace Mini Mochi Intense Rainbow.



More Blue Moon yarn! This is STORM large. This picture does not do it justice, though I tried to get a shot in the rare sun we are getting in Portland. I really should do a knitting photo shoot for all the knitting that is still in my possession. These feel a lot longer when they are on than they look in this picture. :) The colors are also much more vibrant.


More Blue Moon (yes, I am addicted to their yarn, it is gorgeous). This is Quilla from their Spirit collection. It has a hint of red to it, though it does not show through on this picture. It is very subtle, and gorgeous.

I have two pair of socks on the needles (one of them is kind of hibernating though) and two in waiting.

Next post will be a summary of my non sock projects.




No comments:

Post a Comment