Friday, May 31, 2013

Not so whiny post

Well, apparently the intarwebs decided that my last post, which was full of whining and angst, does not need to see the light of day. It felt good to write it, and I wish I had a copy, but suffice it to say that I'm still struggling and wish I had more physical, people around me, type support. At least the sun is out. :)

So, here are some pictures for you.

My nephew (not by blood, but I have two nephews and a niece by love). I made him that hat, and I think that might be the blanket I made behind him. His mama said that his sunshine socks fit pretty well too. Which means I really should get started on another pair for his first birthday. heh. He looks pretty happy with the hat, though he generally looks pretty happy I am gathering. I am really looking forward to seeing that precious face in person and pinching those cheeks!! EDIT: His dad was happy with the blanket. Apparently, it is the only blanket they got that looks "manly". :)


Finished the surf socks. I really need to get them into the mail, though since the recipient lives in Phoenix and it is almost June (tomorrow!! What??), there probably really isn't a rush. I just want her to know that someone loves her while she is having some real life issues. Ah, another reason for the web to delete my whiny post!!


I did not make this particular scarf, but, as you will see, I am working on one like it. I wanted to make it for another friend who has been having  a hard time. Dark Mark Scarf using Illusion knitting. I will admit I didn't think this would work...but it totally does!!!



This is the one I am making:


I am obviously using a darker green, which I thought would ruin the illusion, but it totally makes it more spooky!! I swear! The sides roll in and I kind of love that it looks like a snake pre blocking. Appropriate, don't you think? I am not doing just as the pattern says though. I have this thing about non reversible scarves and, since I don't do anything fancy like double knitting or reversible knitting, I have knit two scarves and I am planning on crocheting them together. This should take care of the rolling, and make it a nice thick warm scarf with FOUR dark marks on it!! The recipient lives in Seattle and loves to go to Canada, so I doubt he will find that it is too warm. :)

My ever present "helper". We have finally come to the understanding that yarn is not for chewing, which is fabulous. Circular needle cables are still up for debate, but we are working on it. :)

Finally, a present to me. My first date a few weeks ago with the spinner also ended up leading me to these lovely stitch markers that she made. She gave me several the day we spun. I kept meaning to get a picture and finally managed it. I don't use stitch markers often, but this will be better than safety pins when I do. :)


As an update for the future me, or anyone who might be reading. The first first date, J, was really great, then life ate her up. We still keep in touch and I still have her wheel, so hopefully, once life lets go a bit, we'll hang out again. The second first date, A, and I have been out about once a week since (so 3-4 times now). I am enjoying the time, but I don't really see big sparks there, or even little ones, on either side. We'll see how it goes. It will be nice to have another crafty friend though!! The third first date from that busy week, M, and I haven't been out again. It was a nice date, but nothing to write home about I guess. She did have lovely eyes.

I kind of hate dating. Well, I like meeting people usually, but I really want to reconnect with longer term friends and not necessarily get to know a bunch of new people. However, getting to know new people is where I am right now, so I'm trying to suck it up and go with it.

After all that, know what I just did? Look at Match.com again and sent a few emails. I even got one back already. That kind of helped my mood too. That's nice, so this post can end on a happy note. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment